Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Celebrating my birthday!!!

Today has been a pretty quiet day, with plenty of reading, as I decided to treat myself to a lazy afternoon. The most recent GREAT book I finished was "A Countess Below Stairs," by Eva Ibbottson. Totally incredible. Really, it was. I already can't wait to read it again! The characters, (there are dozens), are SOO real, you can almost hear them talking in the next room. And the comedy is generous as well as well done, but this is not just a "funny" book - all through it are intensely poignant descriptions and scenes. This has become one of my all-time favorites already, which is not a small thing to say.

I did play with Mira today, just hanging out, as the weather was a bit iffy. Below is the view from her pasture of the sun setting on my birthday...



L

No comments: