Monday, January 1, 2007

New Year, New Blog

New year, new blog. This is a first for me, and I look forward to adding one more drop to the ocean that is the blogosphere! I cannot really say what topics you will see here over the next year, as they are likely to be extremely varied, but the main purpose of this blog is to let my friends and family see pictures of my pretty little Arabian mare that I got only a few months ago. Her name is Mira, which means “look” in Spanish. She is gray but looks white, er, most of the time anyway! This is my first horse and I am having a truly fabulous time getting to know her, and finally getting to try out all the things I have been reading about for years while I looked forward to this day. So, expect a lot of posts about horse psychology and training!

This first picture is a glamour shot taken right after the one and only soap bath she has had so far. Ah, that slick and shiny haircoat – she’s still shiny, but NOT slick – more like a furball right now!


So, guess what the gorgeous Mira and I will be doing tomorrow?



L

No comments: