Tuesday, June 10, 2008

A Blogger at the Western States Horse Expo 2008: 2

More Breed Demo photos:




































Two of the horses are from the Arab Demo, and the buckskin one is a PMU horse.

I unfortunately do not seem to have any good pictures of the mounted shooting demo, but oh well. It was interesting to watch, and the shooters were very fast and accurate. It's not that hard to hit a balloon from 15 feet away with spreading powder, but it is hard from a galloping horse, doing it in a certain order.

One thing we did this year was collect more free samples than I usually do in the shopping areas. I got quite a lot of feed samples, and the horses have really been enjoying having something a little different.

I don't have time right now, but next time I'll do a post entirely about the Magnificent 7 competition. I have some thoughts to share about it... and some good pictures, too!


L

No comments: