Thursday, March 1, 2007

Some Photos

The snow is almost all gone now. It sure melts fast around here. Mira gave me a scare when I went out to ride yesterday - it looked like she was limping on her right hind. Yikes! Worrywart moi went into action, and I spent about 10 minutes watching her walk and trot to make sure that no, she wasn't really limping, not even a little bit. Aarrgh! Why do horses like doing that to us? It seems like one of their favorite amusements!

Here are some photos of Mira grazing yesterday. I try to hand graze her every day, and it always amazes me how gorgeous horses, any horse, looks when it is grazing. She sure doesn't look like she's 27 years old in these pictures! She's a little chubby, and hairy of course, but she's already started spring shedding...

















You know, animals always seem to look their best in the environment they were made for - cheetahs on grassy plains, birds in the sky or bushes, dogs just anywhere outside, and cats half hiding, watching & waiting for something....

Anyway, back on topic, today we just grazed, no riding, since I was the one limping around today! I think I slept weird or something 'cause I woke up sore and by the time I got off work I decided no riding for the day - I was just too exhausted. The little spot in the pictures is a mostly fenced area with one open side that I have taken her to the last couple days. I let her loose and sit in the gap and read while she grazes. She really likes doing this, and so far she has been very good about when I pick up the halter and it's time to go in. She even puts her nose in the halter. Okay, okay, I'll stop with the rambling brag now.
;-D

Come back soon! Another training post coming...


L

1 comment:

Rising Rainbow said...

beautiful eye on this mare. I hate this hairy time of year and long for summer when you can see all of their beauty instead of just the gorgeous eyes peaking out from underneath the winter hair.