- Get into a routine of riding Andolu at least a little for four days a week. I hate to say that is a goal as if it was work, but I do need to schedule it or else I tend to try to get all my chores done first, which means it doesn't happen.
- Build Andolu's endurance up slowly and keep him sound if at all possible.
- Learn to post well and post without stirrups regularly.
- Take lessons at M's, especially longe lessons to develop my seat.
- Pony Mira at least twice a week with both horses staying calm and obedient.
- Finish the fencing project.
- Teach Andolu to bow.
- Get Andolu strong enough to be well balanced and comfortable changing leads at the canter.
- Go on a trail ride in the mountains with both of them!
That is a good starting place, I think. I guess the most important thing of all though is that he stays sound and I keep having time to ride!
Below is my original post and last year's New Year's post.
Happy New Year to everyone! Hopefully 2009 will be a good one for us all.